The atmosphere in the workplace is important. Healthy relationships are a guarantee of quality work. If there is tension and distrust in the team, such an environment will affect the success of the company. Intrigue, gossip is present in any job. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a male or female team. If you’re just about to take a new position, or don’t fit into a team, you probably wonder how to improve relationships at work? Don’t think that this isn’t a solvable task. Everything will work if you act accurately, carefully, and purposefully.- Employees’ Results
Table of Contents
How to Set Up Relationships at Work- Employees’ Results
The head of the department is chosen not only for his professional skills. A competent supervisor manages staff, quells conflicts, and develops employees. Besides training programs and corporate retreats, it’s advisable for the manager to observe the behavior of his subordinates. People are divided into types, under which certain behavior hides. If the supervisor uses this information correctly, he will find the key to each employee. Here’s how a supervisor can establish relationships in a team:
- If there is a subordinate employee who is ready to argue for any reason, then he belongs to the rigid type. This person challenges the decisions of the head, enters into quarrels with the team, arguing for the right. How to manage such a subordinate? Present the problem isn’t from a particular person, and give instructions or set of rules. Such people don’t listen to a particular opinion, but respect the rules.
- If the employee brings you his accuracy, attention to detail, then don’t rush to get rid of him. Limit the communication of such a person with other workers. Load him with tedious and laborious tasks. The pedantry of the employee will be enough to solve the issues in the best way.
- Artistic personalities are present everywhere. And although office offices are not the stage of the theater, they need attention. Such people give their best if the result will impress those around them.
- Quiet employees who are willing to perform any task unquestioningly, at first glance seem to be a godsend. After a while, there are conflicts in the team. Such a person forgets about the assignments, fails, launches projects. To avoid this, take advantage of the openness and sociability of such an employee. He will perfectly integrate into the team, if you put him over a person who will monitor the performance of the work.
Don’t forget that the atmosphere in a team depends on your behavior. If you call an employee into the office and discuss other subordinates with him or her, expect gossip to come your way. Don’t single out any employee on the team. This won’t encourage the others, you will only make it clear that this person is your favorite. Such a situation will create an unhealthy atmosphere in the team. If the new subordinate doesn’t fit in with the team, then help him. Dismissal is a last resort. Take this event as a defeat in the role of manager. A competent supervisor does not change the person, but directs his sides and features of character in the right direction.
How to Establish Relations in a New Team- Employees’ Results
Any new experience is stressful. Even if we are trying something thrilling, like betting at Bet22 or new sports, we get some negative emotions. Entering a new job is also stressful. In the first days, a person just looks around, accepts the amount of work, and learns. Not always a new person is accepted with enthusiasm. Perhaps you came to the position of an employee with whom you were friends. Or on the contrary, you got into a team where they do not know what respect and mutual support is. In order not to get into trouble, establish relations in the new team. To do this, follow these rules:
- Don’t try to make friends with everyone. After all, working relationships are different from friendly ones. Communicate with other employees in a friendly and trusting way, but do not share family secrets. Each team has a person who knows how to dispose and pull to a frank conversation. Such an employee will sympathize, advise and can at the time become the best friend. But any work scandal, where you find yourself on opposite sides of the barricades, and about your personal and family life will know the whole team. There are exceptions to the rule. It is at work to meet a life partner or best friend. But before trusting a person, get to know him better.
- Be polite and friendly. Don’t forget the simple rules. Wait for the person who runs up to the elevator, hold the door for another employee. If your company occupies several floors in the building, say hello to everyone you meet. You don’t have to know the person personally; it’s enough that you work in the same company and are colleagues.
- Ignore the gossip. Be prepared that in the new team, you will be discussed. If you hear whispers behind you or notice that your colleagues are silent in front of you, don’t get upset. This is the fate of all the newcomers. Also, don’t be tempted to discuss other employees. If you notice any intrigue around someone, don’t get involved in such questionable activities. Don’t participate in the conversation, move the conversation to another topic, or leave under an important pretext.
- Don’t indulge the requests of colleagues. The newcomer likes to throw off tasks that are boring or do not want to perform. Psychological research showed that responsive people do not occupy high positions. While such people solve other people’s problems, their work is untouched. If you don’t know how to say “no,” it’s time to learn. Perform only those tasks that are part of your job description. For other requests, refuse, referring the employee to a supervisor. Let the supervisor make that kind of decision. Don’t think that by doing so, you will make enemies, on the contrary, you will earn respect.
Don’t ask your coworkers unethical questions to improve Employees’ Results . One such question is about salary information. Such questions are rarely answered. And the person who is asked feels uncomfortable, especially if he or she has pledged not to disclose salary information.
How to Improve Team Relations at Work- Employees’ Results
It happens that a person who occupies a position not the first day, faces difficulties in communication. Changes occur as a result of a change of superiors, promotions, or the addition of new tasks. It happens that a trivial work issue leads to a real war between the departments. Here’s how to improve relations in the team at work:
- Analyze the situation. Recall when the relationship with your colleagues fell apart. If you were at fault, apologize to your colleagues. Then think about why the discord occurred. Maybe you’re tired, bored with the work, burdensome position or a list of responsibilities. The reasons may be personal, trouble in the family, a quarrel with her husband, the illness of close relatives. All of these factors are reflected in the performance and mood. Learn to abstract away from personal turmoil, focus on the working moments.
- Act naturally. You won’t be able to fix relationships right away, especially if you are the culprit of the quarrel. Artificial applications won’t work. It is not the best option to come the next day with a cake, treat your colleagues and pretend that nothing happened. The treats will be eaten, but the relationship will remain tense. Act carefully, after apologizing, offer to help with a difficult issue, help with the report. If you don’t get results right away, don’t go to extremes. The wrong way is to look for like-minded people, to break into feuding groups. If you don’t feed the situation, it will eventually be forgotten.
- Don’t complain to your supervisor about other employees. Resolve issues in a businesslike manner. Send requests, offer to meet, schedule meetings. If your requests are business-related, the other department is obligated to fulfill them. Most importantly, don’t get into personalities. Relationships won’t get better right away. Over time, employees will see that you do not enter into debates that are not work-related. Gradually the relationship will improve. If the situation heats up to the limit and you find yourself under dismissal, then show the boss evidence of your professionalism: correspondence, inquiries, colleagues’ responses.
- Start with yourself. Pay attention to how you communicate with colleagues. Arrogantly defend your point of view, because you’ve been working at the company for 15 years. Or maybe you tell every employee the truth to their eyes, believing that sincerity is your main weapon? Think about how you would react to such behavior of a colleague.
- Informing your opinion is much easier if you back up your words with facts and evidence, rather than insulting and humiliating others.
Building relationships in the team, start with yourself. Remember that everyone is an individual personality with character, habits, work experience. Don’t put pressure on your colleagues, do not give in to provocations, forget about gossip and gossip. The main task at work is to perform the tasks assigned by a boss.